5 Things to Do at This Weekend's Green Living Festival
It's happening Friday, Saturday and Sunday in downtown Rochester. Here's what you should know right now.
The Green Living Festival is billed as one of the largest wellness events on the planet. And guess what? It's happening this weekend in downtown Rochester.
This free community event celebrates the efforts of local businesses and community organizations to grow a brighter, greener future.
Here's what you need to know right now.
The when, where and how
The festival is 4-9 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. It will take place at the corner of Third and Water streets in downtown Rochester.
A "Party for the Planet," featuring live music and other entertainment behind the Rochester Mills Beer Company, will coincide with the festival from 4-10 p.m. Friday, 12-10 p.m. Saturday and 12-5 p.m. Sunday.
You can park for free around downtown Rochester; you can also take a shuttle to and from the festival from the Home Depot parking lot.
5 things to do
- Eat. Several vendors will be selling snacks and meals — everything from organic cherry chicken wraps and burgers to kettle corn and sweet potato fries. Organic wine and Rochester Mills beer will also be served.
- Shop. Vendors will be selling organic teas and coffees, childrens' products, eco-friendly clothing and more. Here's a full list of festival booths.
- Play. There will be a kids corner with crafts, a rock wall, a straw bale maze and other activities.
- Be well. There are free yoga demonstrations. You can also learn about everything from organic farming to hybrid vehicles. Check out this schedule of festival events.
- Dance. There's a constant lineup of musical entertainment on stage during the festival — and lots of room for dancing. Here's the lineup.
- A parade is planned for around the festival site at 11 a.m. Saturday.
- The festival is mobile: scan the QR code attached to this story for an interactive map and schedule of events.
- To learn more right now, visit http://www.migreenteam.com/glf.