5 Ways to Beat the Heat This Week
Here's some advice on how to escape 90 degree temperatures this week.
While things continue to heat up around Lake Orion and Oakland Township, so do the temperatures, which will continue to rise every day, peaking at 95 degrees on Tuesday according to The Weather Channel.
We asked our reader's for suggestions on how to beat the heat, and here's what we came up with:
- Heather tackled a productive task to keep cool, she cleaned her basement. She recruited her kids to help out, and viola: a tidy basement!
- Jessica suggests taking the kids to the splash pads at Oxford's Seymour Lake Park or Clarkston's Clintonwood Park. Splash pads are basically every young child's dream, with all sorts of fun sprinklers and spray jets to keep them cool.
- Looking for a place with water where you (hopefully) won't be surrounded by screaming children? Fran and Lisa suggest heading to the beach! There are plenty of parks with beaches in the area: Addison Oaks, Stoney Creek Metro and Independence Oaks.
- Morgan suggests seeing a movie in perfect climate control at Great Lakes Crossing Outlets' AMC Star Theater. We're hearing great things about "The Amazing Spider-Man" and "Ted." (Don't let the teddy bear fool you - this movie is absolutely not intended for children!)
- Stay hydrated! The only thing worse than being out in the heat is being out in the heat when you're dehydrated. Be sure to drink plenty of water to avoid suffering from heat exhaustion or a heat stroke. And if you happen to be near your favorite ice cream shop, remember more than half of ice cream's chemical compound is water!