Business Rocking at 51 North Brewing Company
Have you tried the brewery and restaurant in downtown Lake Orion? Leave a comment to share your experience!
51 North Brewing Company in downtown Lake Orion has opened after months of eager anticipation.
Co-owner Don Gindhart of Troy said business at the establishment – which offers beers, wines, meads and healthy comfort food made in-house, as well as live entertainment – has been booming.
[Have you tried 51 North Brewing Company? Leave a comment to share your experience!]
A soft opening for family members and investors was held Friday, Jan. 25, said Gindhart, who added that what was intended to be a slightly larger "whisper opening" Saturday, Jan. 26, was overwhelmed by customers after word got out.
"Our first weekend was huge," said Gindhart, whose wife Mary also is a partner in the enterprise. "There was a lot of pent-up demand."
Kevin Callahan of Troy was one of the first patrons to check out the new brewery.
"51 North was really hopping Saturday night with good music, food and beverage oozing from every nook and cranny," he said. "Seems like a great place to meet with your friends as well as make a lot of new ones. The wait staff was especially attentive. You wouldn't know they had just opened up because the joint was really humming!"
News that the brewery is open also drew enthusiastic comments on the Lake Orion-Oakland Township Patch Facebook page.
- Chip Taylor: Trip is planned ... We are excited. Hoping for vegetarian options on the menu!! Awesome!!!!!!!
- Beth Russell Leatherman: They are open??! Finally!
Gindhart said he has no intentions of slowing down now that the brewery is open, with future plans to open a patio and a full roster of events planned next month, including the following.
- Feb. 3: An "anti-Super Bowl party" will cater to those who "want to escape the bar scene where there's 100 TVs and people are shoulder-to-shoulder," Gindhart said.
- Feb. 9: The band Dm3 will play live music.
- Feb. 14: The brewery will release its house-made Amarone red wine to pair with a prix-fixe dinner, including Caprese salad and lasagne, for Valentine's Day.
- Feb. 25: Visitors can learn from an expert how to pair beers with food during a tasting event.
51 North Brewing Company is located at 51 N. Broadway St., Lake Orion, MI 48362. Call 248-690-7367 or visit 51northbrewing.com/ for more information.