Get out the bagpipes and kilts, because the Scottish American Society of Michigan hosts its second annual Highland Games and Festival at Canterbury Village this weekend.
The festival runs from 11 a.m.-9 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m.-4 p.m. on Sunday. Admission $5 per person; children 5 and under are free.
The activities include:
- Scottish dance demonstrations
- Heavy athletics competitions
- Michigan Scottish Pipe Band
- Solo piping
- Irish dance demonstration on Sunday with Tir Na N’og
- Scottish booth from Ackroyd's Scottish bakery
- Raggle Taggle Band
- A Ceilidh on Saturday night with Raggle Taggle Band and Shamus Whiskey
- Free kids craft area with mini Caber Toss
- Moonwalks, face painting, balloon art and vendor booths
- Ackroyd’s and other food, and great beers on tap at the Clansmen Gaelic Pub
Canterbury Village is located at 2369 Jocelyn Court in Lake Orion.
There will be a kids craft area, moonwalks, face painting, Scottish dance demonstrations, a Scottish pipe band performing, heavy athletics, Irish dance demonstrations and more. For more information visit www.scotsofmichigan.com.