Detroit Pistons To Hold Free, Open Practice at OU on Saturday
Local fans will have a chance to interact with players during the one-hour event.
The Detroit Pistons will host an open practice inside the Oakland University Athletic Center O’Rena from noon to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Admission is free for all fans; doors will open at 11:45 a.m. Parking is free in the O'Rena parking structure or at nearby parking lots 16 and 18 on campus.
“The open practice is a great event where our fans can come out and get a preview of this year’s team,” said Joe Dumars, Pistons President of Basketball Operations, in a press release. “Our players and coaching staff have been working hard to get ready for the upcoming season and we look forward to getting started.”
Pistons players including center Greg Monroe, All-Rookie First Team member Brandon Knight, Rodney Stuckey and No. 9 draft pick Andre Drummond, will practice and scrimmage on the court, according to the news release. Pistons coach Lawrence Frank will be on the microphone to welcome the crowd and interact with fans prior to the practice.
Practice activities will include:
- Player introductions
- Entertainment from the Detroit Pistons performance teams
- Live player interviews with Mason, the Pistons’ public address announcer
- Meet and greet opportunities with the Detroit Pistons Dancers
- Entertainment from the Detroit Pistons Cheer Team, Drumline and mascot Hooper
- The Detroit Pistons Hoops Truck