Police Blotter: Chainsaws, Sandals and Shirts Reported Stolen
The following information was supplied by the Oakland County Sheriff's Office Substation in Orion Township. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Highlights from Orion Township Substation reports from the past week:
Stolen property, attempted break-ins
- The Orion Township Substation was contacted on May 31 after a gold vehicle with a lawnmower in the back was seen pulling into a driveway on the 1000 block of Paul Boulevard between the hours of 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. After the vehicle left the premises three chainsaws, worth $60 each, were reported missing from the driveway, according to the report.
- The manager of G’s Pizzeria & Deli, which is located at 2775 S. Lapeer Rd. in Orion Township, contacted the substation on May 30 after discovering the south entry door to the business had pry marks on it. According to the report the manager believed that no entry was gained, but the door was damaged due to the pry marks.
- Two businesses sharing a complex at 400 W. Clarkston Road reported the front doors to their businesses damaged on May 30. The entry to the main door leading into the foyer was accessed after someone pried open the door, according to the report. Entry to the salon within the main entrance was also gained, damaging the door jam and door. The salon owner noted that the bank deposit bag which contained personal checks, credit card slips and some cash was the only thing missing. The door to the dentist office within the building had also been damaged by someone attempting to pry it open, but entry was not gained.
Local women caught shoplifting at Kohl's
- A 19-year-old Pontiac woman was issued a third degree retail fraud citation after being caught shoplifting four tank tops, worth $56 in total, at Kohl's on Sunday. The loss prevention officer at Kohl's said she watched as the woman put the shirts into her large purse and exited the store.
- A 28-year-old Oxford resident was cited for retail fraud on May 30 after she was caught shoplifting over $100 in sandals at Kohl's. A loss prevention agent at Kohl's witnessed the girl attempt to conceal the items in her purse and walk out the door. The woman was escorted back inside and after deputies showed up on the scene was taken in for finger printing.