What's Going On This Week? Blood Drive, Free Dance Classes and More
Here's what's happening in and around Oakland Township and Lake Orion this week.
There is a lot going on this week. Here are some highlights:
- Monday: The Rochester Board of Education hosts its annual organizational meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at the district's administration building. At 7:30 p.m. there is a Lake Orion Village Council meeting at Village Hall.
- Tuesday: There is a Lake Orion Village Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee meeting at Village Hall at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: A Lake Orion Community Schools Board of Education meeting takes place at 7 p.m. at the school's administration building and an Oakland Township Parks and Recreation Commission meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the Paint Creek Cider Mill building.
- Thursday: An Orion Township Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at Orion Township Hall.
- Concert in the park: Lookin' Back, a Bob Seger tribute band, will be performing a free concert at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Wildwood in Orion Township. Wildwood is the new amphitheater located in the southwest corner of Civic Center Park.
- Fireworks: Wednesday night at Borden Park in Rochester Hills community members can enjoy a fabulous fireworks display as part of Festival of the Hills. Fireworks shoot off at 10:06 p.m. Also, don't forget to stick around town this weekend for Lake Orion's fireworks display which is scheduled for Saturday night. The rain date for the fireworks is July 7.
- Free dance classes: There are free classes at L.A. Dance this week. Classes range from preschool ballet to tap for toddlers, teen hip-hop and more. For more information visit www.ladance.us.com or call (248) 393-1339.
- Blood drive: The Orion Township Public Library is hosting an American Red Cross Community Blood Drive from 1-7 p.m. on Thursday. For more information visit the library's website at www.orion.lib.mis.us or contact Kim Winther at (248) 693-3000 ext. 302.