What's Going on This Week? Town Hall Meeting, Recycled Art Show and More
Here's what's happening in and around Oakland Township and Lake Orion this week.
There is a lot going on this week. Here are some highlights:
- Monday: At 7:30 p.m. there is a Lake Orion Village Council meeting at Village Hall.
- Tuesday: There is a Lake Orion Village Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee meeting at Village Hall at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: A Lake Orion Community Schools Board of Education meeting takes place at 7 p.m. at the school's administration building and an Oakland Township Parks and Recreation Commission meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the Paint Creek Cider Mill building.
- Library event: The Orion Township Public Library is hosting a Women's Night Out event from 6-8:30 p.m. Friday night. Local vendors will be onsite distributing samples, there will be a silent auction and more. There is a $5 suggested donation for admission to the event. For more information contact the library at (248) 693-3000 ext. 333.
- Town Hall Meeting: From 7-9 p.m. Tuesday the North Oakland Community Coalition will be sponsoring a Town Hall Meeting at the Orion Township Public Library. Topics covered will include underage drinking and marijuana use. A special panel for the event includes Lake Orion Police Chief Jerry Narsh, Orion Township Substation's Ltn. Dan Toth, Judge Julie Nicholson and more. For more information contact the North Oakland Community Coalition at (248) 520-3786 or visit its website at www.northoaklandcoalition.org.
- Re-Create Recycled Art Show: An opening reception for this Orion Art Center exhibit will take place at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The Re-Create Recycled Art Show will be set up through June 8.
- General Motors Orion Assembly Recycling Event: All day Wednesday between the hours of 5 a.m. and 6 p.m. electronic waste and household items will be collected at the Orion Assembly. No hazardous waste will be accepted and the household items will be donated to Goodwill. Everything from computers to printers, cell phones, toys, kitchen items and more will be collected. For more information call Jessica Alderton at (248) 941-5353.