What's Open, Closed This Memorial Day Weekend
Want to know which local businesses and offices are open this holiday weekend? We have your list here.
Since Monday is a federal holiday, banks, schools, township offices and the post office will all be closed, and some businesses may have reduced hours.
If you're looking for something tasty to throw on the grill:
- Kroger is open normal hours.
- Hollywood Market on Rochester Road is open during normal business hours except on Monday, when it closes at 8 p.m. instead of 9:30 p.m.
- Paint Creek Market is also open during its normal business hours if you need a few last-minute items.
If you want to get something for the garden:
- Sherwood Forest Garden Center is open during its normal hours.
- Fogler’s Greenhouse is open on Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. and on Sunday and Monday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
If you need allergy medicine, bug spray, last-minute items or over-the-counter medicine, CVS Pharmacy is open during its normal hours all weekend.
Don't wait till Monday if you need something dry cleaned for next week – J Star Cleaners will be closed for the holiday.
If you want to take the family out for dinner:
- Take a walk on the Paint Creek Trail and then stop by the Paint Creek Cider Mill, which is open as usual.
- Hungry Howie’s is also open, in case you want some pizza.
If you’re thinking ahead, you could stop by the Werner’s Hallmark to pick up a Father’s Day card – they plan to be open on Monday from 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
If you're looking for entertainment this weekend:
- Emagine Theatre is open during normal business hours.
- The Rochester Hills Public Library is closed Saturday through Monday, though the Bookmobile will be at the Heritage Festival at Rochester Municipal Park on Saturday.
If you're heading to church this weekend, Oak Arbor Church will be holding its Sunday morning service in Baldwin instead of Oakland Township. The change is due to a traditional camping and canoe trip many church members and their families take each year over Memorial Day weekend.