What are the keys to building and maintaining a good relationship?
We asked readers on the Oakland Township-Lake Orion Patch Facebook page that question in advance of Valentine's Day on Thursday, Feb. 14, and they had a lot to say. Here are their answers:
- Michele Arquette: sorry you don't want advice from me.. because it would sound like stay single .. LOL
- Carissa Knoles: Just be present in every moment. Present and honest.
- Meg Buckley: Best advice is to never celebrate hallmark holidays. Celebrate on random other days. It has more meaning.
- Great Lakes Golf And Sports Complex: Hard Work!
[What's your best advice for how to keep the romance alive in a relationship? Leave a comment!]
A gift to show you care
If you want to take Patch blogger Bill Kalmar's sage advice and pick up some flowers or chocolates for your special someone, there are plenty of shops where you can find either around Lake Orion and Oakland Township!
- The Natural Touch Florist, 3030 S. Lapeer Road, Lake Orion
- Petal Perfect Florist, 3769 S. Baldwin Road, Lake Orion
- Amazing Petals Florist, 125 S. Broadway St., Lake Orion
- Jacobsen's Flowers, 545 S. Broadway St., Lake Orion
- Canterbury Fudge Shoppe, 2345 Joslyn Ct., Lake Orion
- Sweet Lane Fudge Factory, 3595 S. Baldwin Road, Lake Orion