Besides the location of your shovel and winter boots, here are five things to know in Oakland Township this week:
- It's Winter Break: No snow day for the kids who attend , Lake Orion and Romeo community schools today; they're already off for mid-winter break. No school for Rochester or Lake Orion schools on Tuesday, either. is also off Monday and Tuesday for mid-winter break.
- : Since the kids aren't in school, why not take them out to do something fun tonight? is hosting , which includes unlimited games for $9.95 (including shoes) or three games for $5. And for the adults, there are $1 beers.
- : Tell your kids to grab their Legos and head over to the Tuesday from 2-3 p.m. for Legos, Legos, Legos! Children will construct a Lego creation inspired by a theme that will be announced that day. Children in kindergarten through eighth grade can participate; prizes will be awarded at the end of the event. Registration is required and can be done online.
- The Parks and Recreation Commission is meeting Wednesday at 7 p.m. at . The meeting is open to the public; the current meeting agenda is attached to this article.
- is playing at Meadow Brook Theatre on the campus of . The show is a "retelling of the Civil War was adapted from letters, diaries, memoirs and newspapers, all written by the men and women who were there," according to the theatre's website. Show times this week are: Wednesday, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.; Thursday and Friday, 8 p.m.; Saturday, 6 p.m.; Sunday, 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $24 to $39 and may be purchased by calling 248-377-3300 or visiting the theatre's website.