Looking for something to do this weekend in or around Lake Orion? Here are some ideas:
Lake Orion Flower Fair
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday, May 10 and Saturday, May 11
- Village of Lake Orion, 37 E Flint Street, Lake Orion
- Annual Flower Fair on the streets of Downtown Lake Orion gives residents a chance to purchase your flowers and garden-related products as well as arts and craft items.
NOCC Family Fun Color 3 Mile Run/Walk
- 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 11
- Friendship Park, S Baldwin Rd & W Clarkston Rd, Lake Orion
- Kicking off National Prevention Week, this event focuses on healthy families and fun for all ages. Runners, walkers, skippers, toddlers - wear white (registrants get a free t-shirt) and leave colorful.
Canterbury Village Farmer's Market
- 10 a.m. Saturday, May 11
- 2386 Joslyn Court, Lake Orion
- For more information, contact Breads & Threads at 248-499-7094.
- 7:30 a.m. Saturday, May 11
- Rochester Community Schools, 501 W University Dr, Rochester
- The chip-timed 5K Race and Fun Run/Walk brings community members together to enjoy a picturesque route that runs through the historic neighborhoods of Downtown Rochester, the Rochester Municipal Park, and along the Paint Creek and Clinton River Trails.
Art Exhibition - Pier Wright: Recent Works
- 9 a.m. Saturday, May 11
- Paint Creek Center for the Arts, 407 Pine Street, Rochester
- For lovers of painting, the first look at Pier Wright’s small abstract works is exciting. Bold strokes and fields of luscious color burst across the surface, crisp edges laid against each other. Graphic marks and patterns are layered over mysterious forms. These works don’t seem to represent anything specific, though they call to mind tropical gardens, otherworldly landscapes, or ambiguous figures.
Safety Day Fair
- 3 p.m. Saturday, May 11
- Goldfish Swim School, 330 South Street, Rochester
- Event features the Fire Deptartment, Police Department and information on water safety. A bounce house, sno-cones, food and drinks, open swim and a tie dying station will also be included.
- Free and open to all.
Mother's Day Yoga In Eddie Bauer store
- 9 a.m. Sunday, May 12
- The Village of Rochester Hills, 104 N Adams Road, Rochester Hills
- Eddie Bauer hosts the team from Updog Yoga to treat moms to free yoga on Mother's Day.
- 7 a.m. Saturday, May 11
- Detroit Zoo, 8450 W 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Spend a day at the Detroit Zoo while helping 50 million American adults and children fight the battle against arthritis. This family-friendly
walk raises funds to support arthritis programs, services and
Did we miss your event? Tell us in the comments!