We shared a lot of good information last week and want to make sure you didn't miss a thing, so here are some highlights.
- DIA Will Spread Master Works of Art Around Rochester Hills Next Month: The city was chosen for the Detroit Institute of Arts Inside|Out program.
- 3 Chances to Hear From Tom McMillin This Month: The Republican representative will host two town hall meetings on property taxes and hold office hours in the district in February.
- Palace and Police: Those Bon Jovi Tickets May Be Fakes: Officials at Palace Sports & Entertainment are working with local police to solve a counterfeiting problem with concert tickets.
- 5 Ways to Enjoy the Snow at Stony Creek: Your guide to sledding, snowboarding and more winter fun at the park.
- Big Rock Chop House Chef to Compete for Title and More Restaurant News: Sip and savor your way around Oakland County's eateries with Patch.
- : County executive announced launch of MITradeSchool.org, a website to help match trade schools with those looking to learn trades.
- Dems Tell Brooks: Don’t Forget About Kids and the Local Economy: Democrats outline agenda for greater Oakland County prosperity.
- Where to Get Your Girl Scout Cookie Fix: It's that time of year again, Oakland Township and Lake Orion! Get out your wallets and get ready to snack on some of your favorite sweet treats, courtesy of the Girl Scouts of America.
[Sign up for the Oakland Township-Lake Orion Patch e-mail newsletter to get the latest updates all week.]
- Contest: Win an Overnight Stay at the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester: Upload a picture of the object of your affection and you will have a chance to win a romantic getaway for Valentine's Day or a treatment at a Northville dermatology clinic.
- Share Your MPHSH Hockey Showcase Photos: Lake Orion High School, Stoney Creek High School and Rochester Unified are among the sixty teams throughout Michigan that will compete in the hockey showcase through Feb. 10 at the Arctic Coliseum Arena in Chelsea.
- Help Provide Blessings in a Backpack: Businesses, parents and other community members: Find out how to volunteer, fundraiser or donate so all students in the Lake Orion Community Schools district will have enough to eat.
- U.S. Postal Service to Drop Saturday Mail in August: WJBK-TV reports the move will save about $2 billion and will not affect package delivery.
- : The 13th annual event on Friday, May 10, and Saturday, May 11, will feature garden-related products and arts and crafts for sale, home improvement service providers, speakers, food and more.
- Robert Shaner to Start March 1 as Rochester Schools Superintendent: The Board of Education approved his salary and contract Monday night.
- : Board members will vote on a proposal for the vacant property at 29 E. Front St. following a public meeting Tuesday, Feb. 12, at the Village Offices.
- 10K Race Added to 2013 Brooksie Way Lineup: Registration is now open for the Sept. 29 race.
- : Who's hiring in Oakland Township and Lake Orion? Here's a sampling of ads to help you land just the right position!