Oakland Township voters don't have many locally contested races to decide upon when they visit ballot box on Nov. 6.
There are elections for township supervisor, township clerk, township treasurer, township trustees, township park commissioners, and township library board.
- There is one candidate, Republican Terry R. Gonser, for township supervisor.
- There is one candidate, Republican Karen Reilly, for township clerk.
- There is one candidate, Republican Jeanne M. Langlois, for township treasurer.
- There are four candidates, Republicans Michael Bailey, Judy Keyes, Sharon M. McKay, and Maureen Thalmann, for four 4-year terms for township trustee.
- There are seven candidates, Colleen S. Barkham, David L. Mackley, Joseph A. Peruzzi, Ann Marie Rogers, Roger Schmidt, Alice Tombulian and Andy Zale, for seven 4-year terms for township park commissioner.
- There are five candidates, Elizabeth Bucheister, Gerald Conover, Carolyn L. Phelps, Alice Tomboulian and Michael P. Tyler, for six 4-year terms for township library board.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging the informed and active participation of citizens in government. The League never supports or opposes a candidate or political party. It influences public policy through education and advocacy, according to its website.