Here is a daytrip guide to Fenton for a summer series called Patch Passport. Have you been there? Share your favorite things to do in the comments below.
- - Take your pick from nearly 75 creatively-namedsandwiches such as the “Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Fenton” or the “No John, I’m Not Cheezing You." Just make sure you stop in before 4 p.m. if you're in a sandwich mood -- the at 4 p.m. and they are no longer available.
Other popular joints: and .
- The is inviting with cushioned chairs and couches and a fireplace in a laid back atmosphere. In addition to 12 beers on tap and a wide selection of wines, the venue was voted the .
- Fenton has a wide selection of consignment and antique shopsincluding , C & C Resale, Treasure Shack and .
Fenton has plenty of .
“The buildings in downtown Fenton are a testament to our community’s proud history,” said Donna Seger, president of the Fenton Historical Society. “Some have been part of the city’s landscape for as far back as 150 years."
, , old fire hall, and are considered treasures by many.
The is open on Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. or by appointment.
- Lake Fenton is the one of the biggest and busiest lakes around. Public access is located off Grove Park Road. (Launch temporarily closed on weekdays until July 24.)
- Looking to fit in a quick nine or 18? Try or . If you are looking for a challenge, try .