The is recruiting volunteers to help make the fourth annual Dragon on the Lake festival a smashing success!
More than 18,000 people attended the festival last year, and more are expected to attend this year on August 25 and 26 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Here's some changes to this year's festival, as well as early contest and artist registration details:
- The teen zone will now be the "Extreme Zone," featuring BMX bikes, flight simulators, boxing, a velcro wall and more.
- Saturday night is 80s night, where "The Square Pegz" will play popular songs from the decade and people are invited to dress up in their best 80s fashion to dance and win prizes.
- Artists can reserve a booth to showcase and sell their work for $150, and or $125 for Orion Art Center members. A substantial discount will be given to artists who demonstrate their work.
- An exclusive kick off party featuring a cocktail supper, music and dancing will be held at Pelton's Point on Friday. A limited number of tickets will be available, stay tuned for more details.
- Dragon Boat racing is the ultimate team-building exercise - 20 people trying to move as one in a 41-foot Dragon Boat. Registration is open and costs $945 per team.
- $500 in prizes will be awarded in the Chalk Art Contest, bringing art to the sidewalks of Lake Orion.
- The "Dragons, Lakes and Legends Art Contest" will award $500 in cash prizes to the best dragons entries. Artists can submit up to 3 dragons for $25 if you're a member of the Orion Art Center, or $35 for non-members. Click here for a registration form.
For additional details or to volunteer, call the Orion Art Center at 248-693-4986 or e-mail Lauren.