Founded in 1924 and located since 1992 on beautiful grounds set near Paint Creek, the Rochester Hills Public Library serves the residents of Rochester, Rochester Hills and Oakland Township. Funded through property taxes and governed by a non-partisan board, the library contains more than a quarter million items, all available for loan. With a variety of programs and special collections, the Rochester Hills Public Library prides itself on fulfilling the needs of everyone from young children to senior citizens.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 9pm; Fri, Sat, 9am - 6pm; Sun (during school year only), 1pm - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: There are ramps for indoor and outdoor access, as well as an indoor elevator.
- Founding Date: 1924
- Parking: Free lot
- Size of collection: 270,000
- Specialties: Local history room, low-vision collection, books by mail, bookmobile makes 26 stops in the community
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Resident library card holders only, for one hour a day
- Programs/classes: Strong program in early literacy for pre-school children, homework help for students, vibrant teen program
- Book donation information: Books donations are accepted whenever the library is open. Most are sold in the used book sales the library holds three times a year
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: No