Attached to this article are the Oakland Township Board of Trustees meeting summaries and minutes for the dates listed below.
|April 12, 2011
|May 10, 2011
|May 24, 2011
|June 14, 2011
|June 28, 2011
|July 12, 2011
|July 26, 2011
|Aug. 9, 2011
|Aug. 23, 2011
|Sept. 13, 2011
|Sept. 27, 2011
|Oct. 11, 2011
You can also find meeting agendas, summaries and minutes at www.oaklandtownship.org.
The township has also provided the following meeting etiquette guidelines on its website:
Addressing the Board
If you wish to speak at a Township Board meeting – to voice a concern, raise an issue, inform, or question and agenda item, please check the current agenda to see if your issue is already planned for discussion.
Typical Agenda Order:
I. Pledge of Allegiance and Roll Call
II. Approval/Review of Minutes
III. Amendments to the Agenda/Approval of the Agenda
IV. Public Comment (other than agenda items)
V. Pending Business
VI. Township Manager’s Report
VII. Attorney’s Report
VIII. Board Reports & Correspondence: Supervisor, Clerk, Treasurer, Trustees
If your issue is ON the agenda:
Once the item has been introduced, wait to speak until after the topic has been discussed by the Board and a motion has been made. After the motion has been made and seconded, discussion is open to the public.
If your issue is NOT ON the agenda:
Wait to be recognized by the Chair during the public comment portion of the agenda. All comments and discussion must be germane to Township affairs. General Guidlines for Addressing the Township Board
- Wait to be recognized by the Chair, which is the supervisor, to approach the podium to voice your concern.
- Speak clearly into the microphone.
- Give you name and address after being acknowledged. If requested, please spell your last name.
- Please be courteous.
- Speak directly to the Chair. The proper procedure at a Board meeting is to address others at the table or other speakers “through the Chair”.
- State your issue clearly and succinctly.
- Be specific. Make your announcement or address your concern, what was done or what you have already tried to do, and specifically what you want to see done to resolve the issue.
- Stay within the allotted time frame, when directed by the Chair.